Reneé from Strickland Ranch & Exports, Inc. recently accompanied a shipment of Florida dairy cattle to a new dairy farm in Panama.
Below is an excerpt from Heartland Magazine, by Audra Clemmons
A love for ranching and travel inspired Reneé Strickland to start her livestock exportation busines from her family ranch in Myakka City, FL. The blossoming company, Strickland Cattle and Exports, Inc, ships beaucoup cattle as well as other animals, across the globe. This requires excellent animal handling, as well as patience and the ability to maneuver through a labrynth of international health regulations and strict quaratntine protocol.
Renee’ Strickland was elected as the President of the Livestock Exporter’s Association on July 23rd 2014.
Here’s what the Association does:
- Provides customers with sources for livestock of the highest quality meeting required health standards.
- Promotes a Code of Fair Practices for international marketing of live animals outlining responsibilities of buyers and sellers.
- Assists with export financing by advising qualified customers of financial assistance available through various U.S. Government programs.
- Advises customers and members on insurance alternatives and shipping options.
- Assists with order processing for faster, more efficient service.
- Promotes post-sale communication to insure satisfied buyers and future sales.